OnePlus has released the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 update for the Nord CE. It comes with firmware version EB2101_11.C.04 and is rolling in India for a limited number of users, with a broader rollout expected to commence in a few days.
OnePlus Nord CE
The OxygenOS 12 update brings a new UI and the usual Android 12 and OxygenOS 12 goodies to the Nord CE. You can check the changelog below for more details. Also, make sure you have at least 30% battery and 4GB of free space on your Nord CE before installing the update.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Optimized AI System Booster to 2.1 to support the system to run smoothly even when the load is high
- Dark Mode
- Newly added three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- Newly added style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health status
- Work Life Balance
- Newly added Work Life Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- Newly supported automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Newly supported switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Newly added diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
OnePlus has also released OxygenOS 12 for T-Mobile’s OnePlus 8 and 8T in the US (unlocked models got it in March). The firmware for the vanilla model has version IN2017_11_C.41, while the 8T’s firmware comes with version KB2007_11_C.41. Both require a download of over 4GB and bump up the Android security patch level on the smartphones to July 5, 2022.